Friday, April 06, 2012

Les Jalles - Bistro Volnay's great new restaurant

The girls from the Bistro Volnay have been murmuring tasty tidbits about their new restaurant for months now, and finally the gorgeous new place, just steps away from the maison mere has opened its doors. Les Jalles, as it's called, is an elegant and beautifully designed room with vintage lights and furniture sourced from England, plenty of dark wood and ceramic and looks more like a gentleman's club than a dining establishment. In fact, it doesn't look much like anything else in town. Open from 7h30 am for breakfast (pastries, home made jams, etc), and for lunch and dinner, it also has a speakeasy type bar upstairs festooned with Tamara de Lempicka style paintings of flapper era girls and headed by "the most incredible barman" says Magali. Look for this to be the hottest and most talked about opening for coming months.





Moore soon...


Les Jalles
14 rue des Capucines, 75002
+33 1 42 61 66 71
Daily market menu 42 Euros
Breakfast 17 Euros

PS I was mind blowingly hung over during lunch, but from the little I tasted, the foie gras was silky smooth, toasted brioche bread light and crunchy, and the entrecôte steak (prepared in a special broiler) perfectly cooked and accompanied by textbook dauphin potatoes and the best gravy I've had in Paris

2 comments:

Forest said...

I went there last week - but to check out the bar instead of restaurant. Nicely designed space with great service and great drinks. Glad to hear the restaurant half is doing it right as well.

Anonymous said...

DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP.
WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM 
WHATS APP: +2347012841542

I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.